About Us: We’re a small but enthusiastic team looking for friendly, motivated people to join us.
Fun but hard working we’re a diverse business; both a busy wedding, conference and function venue and an inspiring visitor attraction. Our aim is to create a place that people will love and will want to visit over and over, creating happy memories and spending time with loved ones. We’re looking for people who work well in a busy team environment whilst maintaining excellent customer service standards, always going that extra step to deliver a truly personal customer experience.
Purpose of the job: We are currently looking for a pastry chef with experience working to a high standard in a busy kitchen. Under the guidance of our Head Chef, the role supports our daytime restaurant plus weddings, functions and events. The ideal applicant will have a good understanding of breads, cakes and desserts. Experience in catering for weddings and functions would be an advantage.
Pay: £18-22k per annum, dependent on experience
Job description - role summary:
1. Be responsible for the preparation, provision and service of quality breads, cakes and desserts to the standard set by the Hestercombe Gardens Trust.
2. During busy periods or to cover days off, support the running of the cold/hot section of the kitchen to provide soups, sandwiches, salads and mains.
3. Be responsible for ordering of all stock and stock control within your section and ensure this stock is stored safely in accordance with hygiene regulations.
4. Be responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of your section and the catering facility.
5. Ensure that the highest levels of food and services are consistently achieved whilst maintaining established budgetary targets.
6. Assist with the purchasing of food, and non-consumables to the required quality in keeping with the Hestercombe Gardens Trust's policy.
7. Ensure the highest health and safety standards are maintained in areas under your control. 8. 9. Take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work. Carry out risk assessments as required.
10. To comply with the requirements of the Food Safety Act 1990 and associated Regulations to ensure high standards of food hygiene are maintained at all times.
11. Undertake other reasonable duties, which are compatible within the overall scope of this appointment.
In addition, all employees are expected to work within the terms of their contract of employment and adhere to Hestercombe Gardens Trust instructions, values and behaviours.
Terms of employment: Permanent, full-time, you will be required to work 2199 hours a year (approx. 48hrs p/w). This is an annualised role so hours worked may vary from month to month but the salary will be paid monthly in 12 equal installments over the year. You will be expected to work weekends, public holidays and limited evenings (no split shifts). You will be entitled to 298 hours' holiday a year (the equivalent of 31 days holiday), which shall include the usual public holiday or, where we require you to work on a public holiday, an equivalent number of hours.