7th December 2019
- This event has passed.
Father Christmas at Hestercombe - 7th December 2019
Meet Father Christmas in his secret Somerset folly
Visit Hestercombe this Christmas to enjoy a magical Father Christmas experience where every child can meet the man in red and receive their own special gift.
When you arrive, you’ll be greeted by one of our friendly Hestercombe elves, then you’ll wander through the wintertime gardens to meet Father Christmas. In his little house, the log fire will be roaring, lights will be twinkling on the Christmas tree and sacks of presents will be waiting.
A visit to Father Christmas is extra special in the dark as you can wander along the illuminated pathway to his garden hideout.
2019 dates and times
- Saturday 7th December: 10.10am -7pm [fully booked]
- Sunday 8th December: 10.10am -4pm [fully booked]
- Saturday 14th December: 10.10am – 7pm [fully booked]
- Sunday 15th December: 10.10am – 7pm [fully booked]
- Thursday 19th December: 4pm – 7pm [fully booked]
- Friday 20th December: 4pm – 7pm [fully booked]
- Saturday 21st December: 10.10am – 7pm [fully booked]
- Sunday 22nd December: 10.10am – 7pm [fully booked]
- Monday 23rd December: 10.10am – 7pm [fully booked]
- Tuesday 24th December: 10.10am – 4pm [fully booked]
£9 per child (includes all-day admission to Hestercombe).
Father Christmas can see a maximum of three children in each slot – please book one session for up to three children. If there are more than three children in your group, give us a call on 01823 413923 and we’ll book a double slot for you.
Children must be accompanied by an adult – half price garden admission applies for each accompanying adult (Hestercombe members go in free).
Booking is essential for Father Christmas: please book via the booking button above, or call our Visitor Reception on 01823 413923.
Things to know
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your time slot to allow plenty of time to be greeted by the elves and wander through the gardens to Father Christmas’ house.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult. Accompanying adults will be eligible for half price entry into the gardens (Hestercombe members go free).
- When you book online, you will receive a confirmation email. You will need to show your email (including the booking reference) at the Visitor Reception.
- Please note that from 5pm the landscape and formal gardens are too dark to explore and are closed to visitors, so you will be limited to our illuminated Victorian Shrubbery path leading up to Father Christmas’s grotto. If you’d like to see the gardens on your visit, please arrive earlier!
- View our event cancellation and refund policy
You may also like…
This Christmas your children can enjoy a number of fun events on their visit to Father Christmas, including doing A Merry Musical Christmouse Trail around the gardens, and going to our magical Christmas Storytelling Experience. On Saturday afternoons (from 4.30pm) we’ll be firing up our pizza oven and opening a hot chocolate bar to warm you up at the end of your visit, with live music too, at our Winter Lates.