The Hestercombe Heritage Interpretation Signage is part-funded by The European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development.
We are proud to display our brand new visitor interpretation signage scheme, which assists visitors’ experience of our estate, its history and people. For the first time in Hestercombe’s history, there is now a cohesive public information scheme for many of the areas within the estate. These include:
- new banners on the pathways
- a large map and new displays in the Visitor Reception
- a timeline, and hanging interpretation panels in the Bat Barn
- a completely refubished Bat Room, with new visitor-controlled cameras and displays
- new panels in the Octagon Summerhouse
- thorough interpretation signage in the Watermill complex
- panels in the Formal Gardens and House
We are incredibly grateful to all of our members and friends, and for the funding received from The European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development: Europe investing in rural areas, without whose help this invaluable resource would not have been possible to produce. The project was completed in October 2019.