We’re a small but enthusiastic team looking for friendly, motivated people to join us.
On site accommodation available if required
Chef de Partie
Head Chef (Sous Chef in the absence of the Head Chef)
Terms of employment:
£18,000 per annum
- Be responsible for the preparation, provision and service of quality food to the standard set by the Hestercombe Gardens Trust.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of your section and the catering facility.
- Ensure that the highest levels of food and services are consistently achieved.
- Assist with the ordering of all stock and stock control within your section and ensure this stock is stored safely in accordance with hygiene regulations and in keeping with the Hestercombe Gardens Trust’s policy.
- Ensure the highest health and safety standards are maintained in areas under your control. Take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work. Carry out risk assessments as required.
- To comply with the requirements of the Food Safety Act 1990 and associated Regulations to ensure high standards of food hygiene are maintained at all times. Level 2 Food Safety qualification required.
- Undertake other reasonable duties, which are compatible within the overall scope of this appointment.
In addition, all employees are expected to work within the terms of their contract of employment and adhere to Hestercombe Gardens Trust instructions, values and behaviours.
How to apply:
We are looking for waiting staff for the Stables Café and Column Room Restaurant and to work at our weddings and events. You will deliver exceptional customer service, have a positive attitude and be willing to learn. Tasks will include taking orders, serving food, clearing tables, laying up rooms ready for a wedding or function and serving drinks from the bar.
National Living Wage (dependent on age)
Terms of Employment:
Flexible hours, this role will support business peaks. You will often be required to work evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
How to apply:
Call Joe Morton on 01823 414197 or email email@example.com
Bookshop Assistants – Voluntary
From working selling books to visitors to doing the ‘behind the scences’ sorting there’s lots to be done in the bookshop. We have donations arriving every week that need sorting, pricing and cleaning before they can be put out for sale. And once they’re on the shelves there’s serving visitors and chatting to them about the books they like. We ask for a commitment of one morning or afternoon every two weeks. For more information click here or call 01823 413923 and speak to Gill the Volunteer Co-ordinator. Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Gallery Invigilators – Voluntary
As a volunteer in this role, you will meet and greet visitors to the new Hestercombe House Gallery, helping them to get the most out of their visit. You will have information about each of the artworks in your section and will be working as part of a team. You will be responsible for safeguarding the paintings and guiding visitors through the different rooms of the ‘pop-up’ gallery. For more information click here or call 01823 413923 and speak to Gill the Volunteer Co-ordinator. Alternatively email email@example.com
Event Support – Voluntary
Hestercombe’s busy event schedule is run by a close knit, hardworking team of staff and volunteers. We’re looking for more people to sign up to seasonal events. Whether you’re interested in helping at Easter, or running an activity during the summer holidays or masterminding our seasonal garden trails – please do get in touch! Contact Anna Crew on 01823 413923 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Plus we still need donations for the bookshop!
We are always looking for donations of books to stock the bookshop, any number, any type. If you have books to donate please bring to the shop or call us to arrange delivery for large donations.