Your visit to Hestercombe
Visitors to Hestercombe are no longer required to pre-book timeslots for admission to the gardens, house and Gallery.
Hestercombe is now a fully cashless venue - only payments by debit or credit card, contactless, Apple Pay and Google Pay are accepted.
We are open daily (7 days a week), from 10am - 6pm (last entry 4:30pm).
If you have any questions about visiting, please contact our Visitor Reception team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the button below to book gardens admission online and save 10%.
Please Note: Gardeners World 2 for 1 voucher cannot be used alongside our online booking discount. Please pay on arrival if using these vouchers.
10am – 6pm, daily (last entry 4:30pm)
*Please note: when visiting, use the postcode TA2 8LQ for Sat Nav, or ///fancy.arena.tanks for What3Words.
The Stables & Caffè + Gelato
The Stables: open daily, 10am - 5:00pm (last orders 4:30pm)
Enjoy a menu of fresh, locally sourced food and drink including brunch, lunch and afternoon tea.
Reservations: call 01823 414197 between 10am - 5:30pm.
Caffè + Gelato: open daily, 10am to 5:30pm
Enjoy hot and cold drinks, cakes and delicious local gelato Baboo, as well as savoury and light bites.
Seating for Caffè + Gelato is available within the Plant Centre and Picnic Area. Both The Stables and Caffè + Gelato are free to enter.
Daily, 10am – 5:30pm
The Plant Centre is free to enter.
Gift Shop & Second-hand Book Shop
Open daily 10am - 5pm
Gardens admission is required in order to visit the Gift Shop and Secondhand Book Shop.
Hestercombe House & Gallery
Open daily 10am - 5pm
Gardens admission is required in order to visit the Gallery. See what's coming up in the Gallery
Join the Hestercombe family and save money!
Enjoy unlimited access to the gardens for a year, plus a range of exclusive benefits, by joining as a Hestercombe member from as little as £3.71 per month. Find out more about membership
Day admission prices
4 - 15 years
Under 4 years
Family Saver 1
1 adult & up to 3 children
Family Saver 2
2 adults & up to 3 children
Admission for Tramper user
Please call us before you make a booking on 01823 413923
Tramper Mobility Scooter £6.75 (per 2 hour slot)
Ring 01823 413923 or email ahead to book before booking an admission ticket (payment required to secure booking).
Tramper scheme operated by Countryside Mobility, non members of the scheme will be required to join for a fee of £2.50.
**Please read our accessibility webpage for further information to help you plan your visit.
If you're a UK taxpayer and you make a Gift Aid donation when you enter of 10% more than the admission price, the UK Government will give Hestercombe Gardens Trust an extra 25% of the full admission price.
If you do not wish to make the donation, then please advise our ticket staff accordingly. Admission prices without a donation are: Adult £13.50; Child £6.75; Family Savers £20.45 and £34.
Dogs are very welcome on a lead throughout the gardens, Plant Centre, Stables restaurant and Caffe + Gelato, and parts of Hestercombe House, including the Second-hand Bookshop and Gift Shop (but not the Gallery).
A complimentary dog treat is provided upon arrival for Very Good Dogs.
If you’re unable to get to Hestercombe for a visit, or if you’d like a guided tour when you get here, please download the Candide UK app.
Guided audio tours are available for free for both the Landscape Garden (with Chief Executive, Philip White), and the Formal Garden (with Head Gardener, Claire Greenslade).
Help us by shopping
Do you shop online at John Lewis, Amazon, eBay, Argos, Expedia, booking.com, Tesco or Sainsbury’s? By signing up to Give As You Live you can earn us charitable donations at no extra cost to yourself, and help us maintain and develop Hestercombe’s estate for the benefit of future generations.
Groups and Tours
Groups and tours enquiries are very welcome – please see our Groups information for further details of what we can offer you.
Have you visited recently?
If you’ve visited Hestercombe recently, we’d love to hear your thoughts. Please take a minute or two to share your feedback in our quick survey and help guide our future.
- If you wish to visit the gardens, House, Gallery, Gift Shop or Second-hand Book Shop at Hestercombe, you will require gardens admission.
- Visits to the Stables Restaurant, Caffe + Gelato and Plant Centre are free, and do not need to be booked.
- Partner Gardens members and BBC Gardeners’ World offer-holders must bring their membership cards or vouchers with their booking references in order for their tickets to be valid. Our Partner Gardens are The Bishop’s Palace, Wells and Abbotsbury Subtropical Gardens.
- Hestercombe is an RHS Partner Garden, and RHS membership cards are valid for entry from 1st October to 31st March. See the RHS website for further information. We no longer participate in the Historic Houses scheme.
Membership at Hestercombe
Join today and enjoy unlimited access to Hestercombe for a whole year
Described as “one of the top twenty gardens to visit in the country”, Hestercombe is always beautiful throughout the year. Join today and enjoy unlimited access, with prices from £44.50 per year.
Your membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Hestercombe Gardens for a year from date of joining for the Member, guests and children according to membership type
- Half price entry for visitors accompanied by a Member of Hestercombe (one visitor per member)
- Two full colour members’ newsletters per year & regular email bulletins
- Discounts on tickets to selected events at Hestercombe
- Half price entry to our partner attractions: Abbotsbury Subtropical Gardens, Forde Abbey Gardens, The Bishop’s Palace, Wells, and The Garden House.
Give a Gift of Membership to friends and family and they too can enjoy all the benefits of membership.
Upgrade your ticket
Visit Hestercombe and upgrade your ticket to an annual membership for just the difference in cost.