General Terms & Conditions when visiting Hestercombe Gardens
By visiting Hestercombe Gardens you accept the following terms and conditions and agree to abide by the garden’s rules and the instructions of the staff at all times.
- We welcome well-behaved dogs in all areas of the garden and Visitor Centre on short leads. Dogs should not be left in cars.
- Due to weather conditions some areas may not be open all season.
- For safety or operational reasons, the management reserves the right to close or adjust areas of the Gardens and Visitor Centre without prior notice.
- The Garden Admission price covers entry to the Garden and Visitor Centre.
- No responsibility is accepted by the Management for damage incurred in the car park no matter how incurred.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse entry to Hestercombe for whatever reason. Being in possession of a pre-paid ticket does not give exemption from this.
- In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all customers and staff Hestercombe Gardens reserves the right to remove from Hestercombe, without refund, anyone it deems to have behaved in a manner which has, or is likely to, affect the safety and enjoyment of other visitors or staff.
- Hestercombe Gardens reserves the right to conduct security searches and to refuse admission to you should you refuse to comply with such security searches.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult over 18 at all times.
- We strongly advise against the use of wheeled footwear or boards of any kind anywhere at Hestercombe.
- Hestercombe Gardens will not be held liable for any losses, injuries or damages sustained at Hestercombe Gardens, including damage, theft or loss to property and motor vehicles, if the cause is due to the negligence of the individual or the unforeseeable actions of other customers or third parties.
- Strictly no trading or fundraising is allowed anywhere on site, without the prior written consent of Hestercombe Gardens.
- Whilst the Management does its best to update and maintain the accuracy of this website, it cannot guarantee its content at all times.
- Any potential visitor is advised to ring to check any detail that may be of particular importance.
- Hestercombe runs a ‘Zero Tolerance’ policy for aggressive or inappropriate behavior towards our staff.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for the children in their care at ALL times.
Terms & Conditions for Memberships
- Your membership card permits free entry to the registered cardholder and up to 5 children for Family memberships. Members are also permitted to bring along a friend for HALF PRICE entry – one friend per visit.
- Additional accompanying adults or children will be charged the current admission rate.
- Membership cards are valid for 12 months from date of issue.
- Membership cards are only valid during normal open hours and do not permit early entry. Last admission and closing times must be complied with.
- Membership cards must be presented on every visit; failure to do so may result in delayed or refused entry, or you may be required to pay standard admission.
- The category of membership bought must be relevant to the age of children for the majority of the membership term.
- Cards that require replacing due to loss or damage will incur a charge. A card is considered to be lost after three visits have been made where the card has not been produced.
- Members must adhere to all site safety.
- The management reserves the right to alter or withdraw any promotions offered to Members at any time for whatever reason without prior notice.
- Membership allows entry to Hestercombe as standard Admission.
- Membership cards can only be used by the registered cardholder and not transferred to another person.
- Any onsite Member discounts are only valid for purchases made by the cardholder.
- Disabled members receive one free adult carer admission per visit.
- In the event of high visitor numbers we may use time-restricted sessions on site. Membership holders are required to adhere to the allotted time to ensure the health and safety of all customers.
Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in Membership being revoked without refund.
- Purchasing Membership constitutes acceptance of these terms & conditions.
- When you become a member, we will take a photo of you and save it alongside your membership details. This helps us manage the misuse of membership cards.
Paying by Monthly Direct Debit – Terms & Conditions
Your Annual Membership
By signing up for a membership at Hestercombe, you agree to a 12 month contract. You are able to pay either up front pay with a single amount, or spread the cost across the year via a monthly Direct Debit. Both payment options cost exactly the same.
Renewing your membership
Shortly before your annual membership is due to expire, we will write to you to ask you whether you would like to renew it.
Cancellation of your Direct Debit & failure to pay
- The Direct Debit option gives you the chance to spread your membership payment evenly across the year, but the membership contract itself cannot be cancelled until your scheduled renewal date.
- Within one week of any failed or cancelled Direct Debit payments, we will aim to write to you to ask that you reinstate your payment method, or pay for the rest of your membership year via card, cheque or cash.
- If you are unable to pay by the due date for any reason, then we will contact you to ask you for payment for the remainder of your membership contract by a certain date.
- If you are still unable to pay by that date, we will then cancel your membership.
- If you fail to pay the full cost of the membership then you will not be permitted to take out another Direct Debit with Hestercombe for two years.
- If the payment failure is a result of a mistake at your bank or at Hestercombe, then the above terms do not apply.
The monthly Direct Debit payment option cannot be used if buying membership as a gift for someone else.
If you need any further information, or have any questions about our Direct Debit or membership scheme, please contact our Membership Coordinator
Terms and Conditions Specific for Online Bookings
In addition to the above conditions, the purchase of online tickets or the making of an online booking is subject to the acceptance of the following additional terms and conditions.
- Tickets purchased online are issued in the form of a confirmation email. You will be asked to present your email (including the booking reference) to gain admission. Failure to do so may result in refusal of admission for which Hestercombe Gardens cannot be held responsible. Merac Ltd. provides the platform for this transaction but your purchase and contract are made directly with Hestercombe Gardens who are responsible for resolving any issues with you. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours you should contact Hestercombe Gardens prior to your visit.
- Whilst the Management has been assured of the secure nature of all online payments they are unable to take responsibility for the loss of money through any transaction which remains at the risk of the customer.
- It is your responsibility to check your booking prior to your visit and contact Hestercombe Gardens immediately if there is a problem as mistakes will not be rectified on arrival.
- Entry will only be permitted on production of a valid booking confirmation email.
- Individual day tickets purchased online are valid for one use for the duration of the season and are not date specific (unless stated on the booking). Refunds for day tickets purchased online will not be issued except where Hestercombe Gardens has been forced to close for an extended period of time.
- Refunds cannot be given for date specific online bookings (birthday parties and Christmas bookings) unless where Hestercombe Gardens has been forced to close on the specific date. Alterations to the date of a date-specific booking will be made subject to availability and the payment of any extra charges that may result from the change of date. Where a date-change results in a net fall in the cost of the booking, a refund will not be made.
- The quantity of people in your group, and their respective ages, will be checked on arrival to Hestercombe Gardens against those on the booking confirmation. Any discrepancies will require the difference to be paid on entrance or entry will be refused.
- Hestercombe Gardens is unable to offer refunds for members of your group that do not attend. Where you are unsure of numbers, we advise you book for the minimum number required for the specific booking and add to the booking nearer the date.
- In certain circumstances Hestercombe Gardens may offer an alternative product of similar value when a date-specific booking has been cancelled. This is done entirely at the discretion of the management.
- All bookings are non-refundable, and non-transferable.
- Online bookings cannot be used as part of any marketing, media or sales promotion, whether commercial or non-commercial, without the prior written consent of Hestercombe Gardens.
This website is owned and run by Hestercombe Gardens. Hestercombe Gardens respects your privacy and will continue to do so in the online world.
How we collect data about you and your use of this website
You are in control of what information we collect about you. By submitting your information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy. However, if you choose not to share your information some areas of the website may not be accessible or useable. We may ask you for information about yourself when you purchase tickets, book a function or other products and services, when you sign up for the Hestercombe Gardens mailing list, register for promotions/competitions or when you request brochures or other information and when you directly contact us via email or through the website. We may also invite you to complete surveys or provide us with feedback.
We also collect anonymous information about your use of the website from cookies and by the use of pixel tags. We may match information gathered from these sources with any information you have given us about yourself for the purposes explained in this policy.
We also use passive means to collect information such as tracking what pages you visit on the site. This information is used by Hestercombe Gardens to determine how visitors use the site. This then feeds into the development of the site as we aim to make it more enjoyable and easy to use.
Cookies and Pixel Tags
Cookies are small data files that are sent to your browser and stored temporarily on your computer to help retain the information that you have entered whilst your browse our site. Pixel tags are used to help us see if emails from us have been received safely and at what time they are read.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come and the ‘lifetime’ of the cookie. Cookies do not give us your personal information, they provide us with non-personal information such as remembering your browser settings, what types of software you are using etc., so that we can make the site as easy to use as possible for you and all our visitors.
Certain cookies sent to your browser will help us to save you time. For example if you’re halfway through an online purchase our cookies will allow you to browse other areas of the website and then return to your purchase.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies but you can both delete existing cookies from your browser and, by editing your browser options, choose not to receive cookies in the future. Please visit www.allaboutcookies.org for more information on this. Please note that if you choose not to receive cookies then some areas of the Hestercombe Gardens website may fail to function as intended so degrading your user experience.
Administration and other non-marketing use
We will use the information you enter on the site for administration purpose and any other purposes made clear in the data entry forms themselves, in any relevant terms or conditions and on any pages or emails which link to such forms. If you book with us we may use your personal data for the purpose explained below under the heading ‘Direct Marketing’.
The data you give us about yourself will enable us to give you updates via email using the contact details you provide on promotions and services we think may be of interest to you or to involve you in market research. To improve our picture of your interests we may link the data you give us with any data we gathered (via cookies) about your use of the site. Whenever we ask you for information about yourself you may, by ticking the relevant box, opt out of receiving these marketing communications. In addition, whenever you are contacted by email you will be told how to opt out of being updated by email in the future. We will not pass on your personal details to any other organisation without your express permission unless they are directly involved in the running or maintenance of this website.
Children under the age of 18 years
Hestercombe Gardens does not intend to collect information from children under the age of 18 years. Children under the age of 18 years will not be able to participate in competitions – other than those specifically created for children (Holiday Quizzes and Trails etc) – nor to sign up to the Hestercombe Gardens mailing list as authorisation of use will be required through the use of a tick box on all entry/submission forms.
Buying tickets and other bookings online
Booking online is quick, easy, convenient and safe. Hestercombe Gardens makes every effort to maintain customer confidentiality when securing an online payment. This includes ensuring the security of your credit card details and other personal information. All of your personal information is encrypted as it travels over the internet.
Hestercombe Gardens may run online competitions intermittently on the website. Any personal information that is collected from this type of activity will be deleted once the competition entry date has closed. Personal information provided will not be used for marketing purposes unless specifically authorised to do so.
Photography by visitors is allowed without gaining prior permission - however please respect other visitors and the environment. If the photos are to be used commercially, either as part of a photoshoot (for a publication, magazine, catalogue, portfolio etc); where the photographer is being paid (e.g. a wedding or engagement shoot for example); or you intend to sell your photos or make money from them on external photography sites, then you must contact us with your request first. If you do not do this, then we reserve the right to request that they are removed or taken down.
We try to ensure that our website offers visitors exactly what they are looking for. To help us achieve this goal we may analyse anonymous data collected by cookies about how visitors use the website. Such data also helps us to measure the success of our advertising campaigns. We may also collect Internet Protocol addresses to help diagnose problems with our servers and for system administration, but we don’t link these addresses to any person’s name or identity.
Who your data may be disclosed to
Disclosure of your data to others may be necessary to ensure the smooth provision to you of the products, services and information you request. You booking data may be disclosed to the other entities described above under the heading ‘Direct Marketing’.
If you have any comments, queries or requests relating to the use of your data then please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Hestercombe Gardens, Cheddon Fitzpaine, Taunton, Somerset, TA2 8LG.
Links to other websites
We use links to improve your experience of our website. We will always try to make these links clear, so that you know you have left our website. However, please be aware that these websites are owned and run by other companies and organisations and we cannot accept responsibility for the content of these websites or any information you choose to divulge to a linked website.
Changes to this policy
Because we are constantly improving our website there may be developments in how we use your data. All such developments will be promptly notified to you in this policy. Your continued use of our website will signify that you agree to such changes.
Events Cancellations and Refund Policy
Courses and Workshops (Cuttings, Wreath Making workshops)
If you need to cancel your booking, please notify us via email as soon as possible to email@example.com. If you don’t have an email address then please call us on 01823 413923.
If cancellation is made more than a month before the start date of the course, then we are happy to offer a full refund.
If cancellation is made less than one month prior to the start of the course, then we will do our best to re-fill your place, in which case your ticket will be refunded. If we cannot re-fill your place, then unfortunately we will be unable to offer a refund.
Please don’t forget that you are welcome to give your place to a friend to enjoy – but please notify us so that we can change the name on the booking.
We reserve the right to postpone or cancel a course or change a course leader in the event of illness or for any other reason beyond our control. We will refund or transfer any deposits or balances paid for sessions cancelled by Hestercombe.
Event bookings (Father Christmas, Christmas Market, Carol Concerts, Theatre, Music, ILLUMINATE)
If you need to cancel a Father Christmas, Illuminate, Christmas market, music or theatre booking, please notify us as soon as possible via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01823 413923. If cancellation is made less than one month before the event the booking will be non-refundable. We are unable to transfer Father Christmas, Christmas Market and Illuminate bookings. If the event is cancelled due to bad weather, we will try and move your booking to another available date, or refund you if necessary.
If you are unable to attend a Festive Supper event, please contact our Events team as soon as possible on email@example.com or 01823 413923. If cancellation is made more than a month before the date of the booking, then we are happy to offer a full refund of your £10pp deposit.
All prices include VAT where applicable.
Hestercombe Gardens Trust Ltd VAT number: 821489619
More information and queries
Please call us on 01823 413923 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any information you require on our events, facilities or products.