Groups & Tours
Welcome to Hestercombe
Hestercombe is an award-winning historic gardens nestled in the heart of the Somerset countryside, just a few miles from Junction 25 of the M5.
We are famous for our unique collection of gardens which span three centuries of history and design. Our Edwardian Formal Garden is hailed as one of the finest examples of the world-renowned partnership between garden designer Gertrude Jekyll and architect Sir Edwin Lutyens.
The estate has undergone acclaimed restoration works and continues to develop and grow, giving our visitors a stunning setting to explore, learn and relax.
Groups & Tours
We welcome groups and tours of any size to Hestercombe, and can tailor your experience in a number of different ways to suit your requirements.
Voted in the Top 50 Coach-Friendly UK Attractions, Hestercombe has fantastic facilities for your group. These include 50 acres of beautiful gardens from the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries to walk through and enjoy; a contemporary art gallery with a series of changing exhibitions; a second-hand book shop, gift shop and plant centre.
You can choose from two fantastic eateries when you visit Hestercombe. The Stables Café serves a wide selection of homemade cakes, hot and cold lunches, hot drinks and other refreshments (with a range of different dietary requirements catered for).
Our grand Column Room Restaurant overlooks the stunning Edwardian Garden, and offers sumptuous lunches, traditional and sparkling afternoon teas, cream teas and sandwich selections – all with one of the best views at Hestercombe.
You are more than welcome to spend your time here at your leisure, exploring the gardens at your own pace. However if you’d prefer more structure to your visit, we can work with you to provide a bespoke experience for your group.
We can offer:
- A complimentary meet and greet for all groups
- A private room for your morning tea & coffee or buffet lunch
- A tour of the gardens with an experienced tour guide or gardener to learn about the history and restoration of Hestercombe.
Group information & facilities
Groups and tour visits to Hestercombe can enjoy a number of benefits:
- Tour guides available (minimum of 15 people; please contact us for prices and availability)
- A beautiful and convenient location with ample free coach and car parking
- An easy, convenient lunch or tea stop with great facilities, including a bright and airy courtyard and a separate picnic area
- Full disabled access to the courtyard and partial disabled access through the gardens. A ‘Tramper’ mobility scooter is available to hire (NB this must be booked in advance)
- Gift Shop and Plant Centre
- Second-hand book shop
- A lunch voucher for the coach driver and guide.
Special rates are exclusive to group visits to Hestercombe, at just £9.60 per person for parties of 15 or more.
These discounted rates apply provided that the group is pre-booked and pays with one single payment.
Contact us now via the booking enquiry form below to find out more, or call Caroline Mortimore on 01823 413923