- Please note, The Orangery is currently closed for important restoration work. However, you can still appreciate it from the outside.
- Autumn catering opening times: The Stables: open daily, 10am - 5pm; Caffè + Gelato: open Saturday & Sunday only, 10am - 5:30pm
Our pastry chef Carol has shared one of her delicious 'free from' recipes with us to share with you...
When you come to the Stables Cafe you will always find a tantalising selection of cakes and biscuits that cater to many dietary requirements, and with lots of people taking part in Veganuary we thought we'd help you along by giving you a a sweet treat recipe to make at home.
This recipe is super simple and containing no refined sugar and lots of good-for-you ingredients, you can feel good about scoffing a piece of it! It is vegetarian, vegan, dairy free and egg free. To make it gluten free swap the oats and flour for a gluten free alternative.
Banana, Date and Pistachio Slices
What you need…
• 250g dates
• 2 ripe bananas
• 200g oats
• 60g wholegrain flour
• 30g desiccated coconut
• 120ml rapeseed oil
• 2 tbsp soya milk
• 3 tbsp maple syrup
• 2 tbsp chopped pistachios
• 1 tsp cinnamon
For the topping
• 85g bar dairy free chocolate
• 1 tbsp pistachios
• 1 tbsp crushed dried raspberries
How to make
Preheat the oven to 150 degrees celcius. Simply blitz all of the ingredients in a food processor and press into low small-medium cake/quiche tin. Bake in the oven for approx 20-25 minutes. Let it cool.
For the topping, break up the bar of chocolate and melt. Spread over the top of the base and sprinkle pistachios and the dried raspberries over the top. Pop in the fridge to set for at least two hours. Cut into slices and serve with a cuppa of your choice!