A sure favourite in the Stables Café – Rocky Road is a delicious treat full of confectionary surprises. It took a bit of arm twisting, but our head chef Matt has agreed to share his Rocky Road recipe with us so that you can recreate it at home… maybe one to try with the children over the Easter holidays.
(PS - check out our What's On page to see what activities we have on during the Easter holidays too)
What you need…
- 1kg milk chocolate
- 6 mars bars
- 100g marshmallows
- 4 37g bags of Maltesers
- 100g dried apricots - chopped
- 100g raisins
- 100g cornflakes
How you make it…
- Melt chocolate over gently boiling water
- While this is melting, combine all other ingredients in a large bowl or tray
- Add the melted chocolate to the dried mixture
- Sieve the flour into the mix and beat to combine
- Pour into a lined tray
- Scatter the top with extra marshmallows and set in the fridge for at least a few hours
- Once set, leave out on the side to allow the chocolate to come to room temperature and cut into 14.
- Put the kettle on and make a cuppa to enjoy with your slice of delicious Rocky Road!