The Garden History Society is working to compile a reference list of Conservation Management Plans (CMPs) and related research for historic designed landscapes.The CMPs form an invaluable and sizeable body of information on the UK’s historic designed landscapes and are an important research tool. The Garden History Society‘s project, sponsored by English Heritage, aims to produce a readily-available reference list of CMPs relating to historic landscapes in the UK and where to access them. To maximize this list, the GHS would be delighted to hear from anyone with details of specific CMPs – site owners and managers, landscape architects, historians, local authorities, professional organisations and amenity groups. Please send as many of the following details as possible, to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Site name and location (including county)
- EH Register grade, if applicable
- Purpose (e.g. Heritage Lottery Fund, Environmental Stewardship, English Heritage, Task Force Trees, planning application etc)
- Status e.g. draft, final
- Where to find a reference copy (preferably a public record office or library) and/or a web link
- If you are not the author/owner of the CMP, please try to obtain permission first and let us know whether this has been done.
- Please alert us if there may be copyright issues.
- Would you be interested in submitting the CMPs to the Hestercombe archive (see below)?
07596 656 574, www.gardenhistorysociety.org
To promote the protection and conservation of historic parks, gardens and designed landscapes, and to advise on their restoration
Registered Charity no. 1053446 Company no. 3163187