From w/c Monday 14th September
The all-terrain ‘Tramper’ is now available to pre-book by calling Visitor Reception on 01823 413923 (please call before booking your ticket online).
Visits can now be made to the Stables Cafe, Courtyard and Plant Sales area until 3.30pm without booking a timed gardens admission ticket to Hestercombe. However, visits to the gardens, House and Gallery will still need to be booked online – same day bookings are now welcome (but please bring your booking confirmation with you). It is not possible to reserve a table in the Stables Cafe.
Hestercombe House – including both Hestercombe Gallery exhibitions, the Second-hand bookshop, and our new Pop-Up Gift Shop in the Column Room – are all now open with limited capacity from 11am – 3pm daily (Wednesday to Sunday). Find more information about the reopening of Hestercombe House and Gallery.
Please note: important information about your visit
Hestercombe Gardens is open from Wednesday to Sunday, from 10am to 6pm (last entry at 3.30pm).
Please use the ‘Book your visit’ button below to secure your timed slot. Each Friday we will open bookings for the following Wednesday to Sunday period (we will be closed on Mondays and Tuesdays). You are now welcome to make a same day booking.
- In order to visit the gardens, House and Gallery, you must have pre-booked a timed slot. If you arrive without pre-booking a slot then you may be turned away.
- You must also bring your booking confirmation on your phone, or as a print-out.
- If you are booking using a Microsoft email address (Hotmail, Outlook, Live), you may not receive an email confirmation due to a software problem with our booking system provider. In this case, when you have completed your booking, please note down your booking reference number, date and time of visit, and bring this along when you visit – a screenshot of your booking confirmation is also acceptable. If you are unsure, please contact email@example.com and we can confirm whether you have successfully booked your slot.
- With the exception of Tramper and Wheelchair users, please do not call us to make your reservation – bookings should be made online.
- Bookings are non-refundable, and non-transferable.
- Historic Houses members, Partner Gardens members and BBC Gardeners’ World offer-holders must bring their membership cards or vouchers with their booking references in order for their tickets to be valid.
Ordering your food
All cold and hot food, and hot drinks and soup can now be bought on the day of your visit. See what’s on the latest menu from the Stables Kitchen.
If you have any dietary requirements please inform staff in the Stables Cafe when placing your order and these will be catered for.
Further information about your visit
Your food can be eaten either indoors, in the Courtyard or on the Marquee lawn (takeaway items only). Suitably socially distanced tables and chairs are laid out in all of these areas.
Our staff are working very hard to ensure that your visit will be as safe and comfortable as possible, and this means that the entry process may take longer than usual. There is a one way system around the gardens to aid social distancing – please follow the way-markers. Hand sanitiser (from automatic dispensers) is in ample supply.
A great selection of plants is available to purchase in the plant centre, and we are offering a limited range of gifts via the plant centre. A pop-up gift shop is now located in Hestercombe House.
Toilet facilities (including accessible toilets) are available by the entrance to the Visitor Reception, and at the Mill and Barn. The toilets in the Stables Cafe Courtyard remain closed, but visitors wishing to use the accessible toilet are able to do so by notifying a member of staff in the Cafe.
We thank you for your continued patience and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hestercombe.
*Please note, Members with joint membership that would like to bring children aged under 5 should book them in as Member admission (child).
Book your visit
Please help us keep Hestercombe open
Hestercombe would like to thank you for your patience and support whilst we were forced to close. We missed you all and have been so touched by all the heartwarming messages and comments from so many of you. As an independent charity, Hestercombe, now more than ever, needs your support. If you are able, please consider making a donation to help keep Hestercombe open and becoming a Hestercombe member – they will help sustain the many vital jobs that we provide at Hestercombe.
You can also explore our online exhibitions on Google Arts & Culture, follow our Facebook page where Head Gardener Claire Greenslade posts daily video updates from the gardens, and watch our videos on Vimeo.
Philip White MBE
Chief Executive, Hestercombe Gardens Trust