We are delighted to announce that Hestercombe Gardens has now reopened.
Please use the ‘Book your visit’ button below to secure your timed slot. Each Friday we will open bookings for the following Wednesday to Sunday period (we will be closed on Mondays and Tuesdays). In order to ensure that as many visitors as possible are able to enjoy Hestercombe, please do not book more than one slot per week.
Please note: important information about your visit
- In order to visit, you must have pre-booked a timed slot by 5pm on the day before you wish to visit. If you arrive without pre-booking a slot then you will be turned away.
- You must also bring your booking confirmation on your phone, or as a print-out.
- If you are booking using a Hotmail email address, you may not receive an email confirmation. In this case, when you have completed your booking, please note down your booking reference number, date and time of visit, and bring this along when you visit – a screenshot of your booking confirmation is also acceptable. If you are unsure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can confirm whether you have successfully booked your slot.
- Please do not call us to make your reservation – bookings can only be made online.
- Bookings will close at 5pm each day for visits the following day. This is so that we can adequately prepare the site for our guests.
- Bookings are non-refundable, and non-transferable.
Pre-ordering your food
After adding your timed visit slot to your basket, you will also be able to pre-order food from our new Stables Cafe menu. The food will be ready for you to collect from the Stables Cafe courtyard at any point during your visit. Hot drinks and soup can be bought on the day of your visit.
If you have any dietary requirements please email us at email@example.com quoting your booking reference number and we will ensure that these are met.
Further information about your visit
Your food can be eaten on the Marquee lawn (behind the plant centre), where suitably socially distanced tables and chairs will be laid out.
Our staff are working very hard to ensure that your visit will be as safe and comfortable as possible, but please bear with us when we reopen as the entry process may take longer than usual. There will be a one way system around the gardens to aid social distancing – please follow the way-markers. We will also be providing extra toilet facilities on site as access to the existing amenities will be limited, and hand sanitiser will be in ample supply.
A selection of plants will be available to purchase in the plant centre, although the Courtyard shop must remain closed under the current restrictions.
We thank you for your continued patience and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hestercombe!
*Please note, Members with joint membership that would like to bring children aged under 5 should book them in as Member admission (child).
Book your visit
Please help us keep Hestercombe open
Hestercombe would like to thank you for your patience and support whilst we were forced to close. We missed you all and have been so touched by all the heartwarming messages and comments from so many of you. As an independent charity, Hestercombe, now more than ever, needs your support. If you are able, please consider making a donation to help keep Hestercombe open and becoming a Hestercombe member – they will help sustain the many vital jobs that we provide at Hestercombe.
You can also explore our online exhibitions on Google Arts & Culture, follow our Facebook page where Head Gardener Claire Greenslade posts daily video updates from the gardens, and watch our videos on Vimeo.
Philip White MBE
Chief Executive, Hestercombe Gardens Trust