This event is fully booked
Join us for a thought provoking evening as we host our annual Bampfylde Lecture - held each year on the anniversary of the birth of former owner Coplestone Warre Bampfylde - with guest speaker Charles Hind MA, FSA, Chief Curator and H J Heinz Curator of Drawings at the Royal Institute of British Architects.
Charles is a Trustee of the Georgian Group and Deputy Chairman of the Lutyens Trust. In his role as H.J. Heinz Curator of Drawings at the RIBA, based at the V&A Museum, he is responsible for the acquisition of new material, fundraising, and the curation of exhibitions including “Palladian Design: the Good, the Bad and the Unexpected” at 66 Portland Place.
Tickets for the supper and lecture are now sold out.
If you would like to enjoy a supper with us before the lecture at 5.30pm, consisting of two-course and a small glass of wine, please add this in addition to your ticket(s).
Chicken supreme with roasted garlic creamed potatoes, purple sprouting broccoli and a creamy dijon mustard sauce
Vegetarian alternative - wild mushroom and truffle arancini served with black garlic and hazelnut pesto
Vanilla panna cotta served with confit rhubarb and shortbread crumble
Please do email us at email@example.com with any dietary requirements you may have.
Charles Hind MA, FSA
Charles is a Trustee of the Lutyens Trust, the Georgian Group and the Great Dixter Charitable Trust. He is the H.J. Heinz Curator of Drawings at the RIBA, based at the V&A Museum, under which he is responsible for the acquisition of new material, fundraising, and the curation of exhibitions including “Palladian Design: the Good, the Bad and the Unexpected” at 66 Portland Place.
Charles Hind has worked for the RIBA since 1996, first as Curator of Drawings and then in addition Head of Special Collections, all now wrapped up in the title of Chief Curator. He is responsible for the day to day running of the Drawings, Archives, Photographs and Rare Books Collections and the curatorial team. Charles is also responsible for the general management of the V&A+RIBA Architecture Partnership, leading to the RIBA's Drawings and Archives collections and staff being resident in the Museum since 2004.
This is an event aimed at raising funds for Hestercombe's continuing restoration and preservation work.
Tickets are priced at £10 for non-members and £8 for members. Members will be given priority booking before remaining tickets are released widely.
Help us continue our important restoration work
Membership at Hestercombe
Join today and enjoy unlimited access to Hestercombe for a whole year
Described as “one of the top twenty gardens to visit in the country”, Hestercombe is always beautiful throughout the year. Join today and enjoy unlimited access, with prices from £48 per year.
Your membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Hestercombe Gardens for a year from date of joining for the Member, guests and children according to membership type
- Half price entry for visitors accompanied by a Member of Hestercombe (one visitor per member)
- Free children's trails available throughout the year
- Special members’ discounts on many of our events throughout the year
- Our 'members first approach' with members receiving 24 hours priority booking for our most popular events, such as Mother's Day, The Bampfylde Lecture, workshops and most importantly, our winter events such as the Christmas Market, Father Christmas and ILLUMINATE.
- Full colour newsletters and ‘What’s On’ emails to keep you up to date with news and events
- Discounts on tickets to selected events at Hestercombe
- Half price entry to our partner attractions: Abbotsbury Subtropical Gardens, Forde Abbey Gardens, The Bishop’s Palace, Wells, The Garden House, Dartington Trust Gardens and Exmoor Zoo.
Give a Gift of Membership to friends and family and they too can enjoy all the benefits of membership.
Upgrade your ticket
Visit Hestercombe and upgrade your ticket to an annual membership for just the difference in cost.
Event LocationBampfylde Hall
Taunton, Somerset TA2 8LG