11:00am - 1:00pm | Cost: £10 Adults / £5 Children
Join Michael Jordan, author and chairman of the Fungus Conservation Trust (formerly the Association of British Fungal Groups), for a fun and informative walk through the gardens to discover and identify the many different types of mushrooms and toadstools to be found at Hestercombe.
This is an informative walk and investigation into local fungi, rather than a hunt for edible mushrooms to pick and take home. Please pick mushrooms sparingly!
Fungal Forays takes place on two dates:
- Saturday 15th October: 11 - 1pm (FULLY BOOKED)
- Saturday 29th October: 11 - 1pm
- Adults: £10
- Children: £5
Non-members must also purchase half-price gardens admission, which gets you access to the 50 acres of gardens, house and gallery all day (free for Hestercombe members and children under 5).
Join as a Hestercombe member from as little as £3.46 per month to take advantage of unlimited access to the gardens, and exclusive discounts on events and entry to our partner gardens.
About the Fungus Conservation Trust
As an organisation the FCT serves local groups but is based on individual membership for anyone who wants to explore the world of fungi whether on their own or as part of a group of like-minded people. Their aim is to support mycological enthusiasts at all stages of the 'learning curve' in their foraying and other activities concerned with fungi.
The Trust is closely involved with fungal conservation, and co-operates with Natural England, the Royal Society for Protection of Birds, and with county conservation Trusts. They are committed to the sponsorship of new recording groups and to encouraging people of all ages and experience into amateur mycology as the way forward for the future.
Membership at Hestercombe
Join today and enjoy unlimited access to Hestercombe for a whole year
Described as “one of the top twenty gardens to visit in the country”, Hestercombe is always beautiful throughout the year. Join today and enjoy unlimited access, with prices from £44.50 per year.
Your membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Hestercombe Gardens for a year from date of joining for the Member, guests and children according to membership type
- Half price entry for visitors accompanied by a Member of Hestercombe (one visitor per member)
- Two full colour members’ newsletters per year & regular email bulletins
- Discounts on tickets to selected events at Hestercombe
- Half price entry to our partner attractions: Abbotsbury Subtropical Gardens, Forde Abbey Gardens, The Bishop’s Palace, Wells, and The Garden House.
Give a Gift of Membership to friends and family and they too can enjoy all the benefits of membership.
Upgrade your ticket
Visit Hestercombe and upgrade your ticket to an annual membership for just the difference in cost.
Event LocationHestercombe Gardens