11:00am - 1:00pm | Cost: £12 Adults / £6 Children
Join Michael Jordan, author and chairman of the Fungus Conservation Trust (formerly the Association of British Fungal Groups), for a fun and informative walk through the gardens to discover and identify the many different types of mushrooms and toadstools to be found at Hestercombe.
This is an informative walk and investigation into local fungi, rather than a hunt for edible mushrooms to pick and take home. Please pick mushrooms sparingly!
Fungal Foray takes place on the below dates:
- Saturday 12th October: 11 - 1pm
- Sunday 20th October: 11 - 1pm
About the Fungus Conservation Trust
As an organisation the FCT serves local groups but is based on individual membership for anyone who wants to explore the world of fungi whether on their own or as part of a group of like-minded people. Their aim is to support mycological enthusiasts at all stages of the 'learning curve' in their foraying and other activities concerned with fungi.
The Trust is closely involved with fungal conservation, and co-operates with Natural England, the Royal Society for Protection of Birds, and with county conservation Trusts. They are committed to the sponsorship of new recording groups and to encouraging people of all ages and experience into amateur mycology as the way forward for the future.
Membership at Hestercombe
Join today and enjoy unlimited access to Hestercombe for a whole year
Described as “one of the top twenty gardens to visit in the country”, Hestercombe is always beautiful throughout the year. Join today and enjoy unlimited access, with prices from £48 per year.
Your membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Hestercombe Gardens for a year from date of joining for the Member, guests and children according to membership type
- Half price entry for visitors accompanied by a Member of Hestercombe (one visitor per member)
- Free children's trails available throughout the year
- Special members’ discounts on many of our events throughout the year
- Our 'members first approach' with members receiving 24 hours priority booking for our most popular events, such as Mother's Day, The Bampfylde Lecture, workshops and most importantly, our winter events such as the Christmas Market, Father Christmas and ILLUMINATE.
- Full colour newsletters and ‘What’s On’ emails to keep you up to date with news and events
- Discounts on tickets to selected events at Hestercombe
- Half price entry to our partner attractions: Abbotsbury Subtropical Gardens, Forde Abbey Gardens, The Bishop’s Palace, Wells, The Garden House, Dartington Trust Gardens and Exmoor Zoo.
Give a Gift of Membership to friends and family and they too can enjoy all the benefits of membership.
Upgrade your ticket
Visit Hestercombe and upgrade your ticket to an annual membership for just the difference in cost.
Event LocationHestercombe Gardens