This event has ended
A story of marriage, wealth, jealousy and lies. Falstaff is down on his luck, so decides to restore his fortunes by seducing the wives of two wealthy merchants. The wives discover he sent them identical letters and take revenge by playing tricks on Falstaff when he comes calling. This comic humiliation of a foolish, would-be seducer is filled with live music and colourful characters.
Tickets & Prices
- Adult ~ £13
- Child ~ £11
- Family ticket of 4 (2 adults max) ~ £42
- Adult ~ £15
- Child - £12
- Family ticket of 4 (2 adults max) ~ £48
Further information for The Merry Wives of Windsor ticket holders
Timings: The performance is due to take place at 6pm on Sunday 13th August on the Orangery Lawn; you are welcome to arrive from 5:00pm onwards to grab the best spots on the lawn!
Parking: When you arrive, please park in the main visitor car park, and then instead of going the usual way up to Visitor Reception, walk down to the lower drive gates (you will see these in front of the House, when you turn the corner up to the car park). Tickets will be checked here.
Booking confirmation: Please bring confirmation of your booking either as a print out, or the email on your phone; if you do not have one of these, then you may not be able to access the performance. If you did not receive your booking confirmation via email (which can sometimes happen with our antiquated ticketing system!) then pop an email or phone call to our Visitor Reception team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01823 413923 and they will re-send it to you.
Members: If you have booked a discounted members ticket, please ensure that you bring your Hestercombe membership card with you, or you may be charged the difference in ticket price.
Seating & Picnics: You are very welcome to bring your own food and drink, blankets and picnic chairs to sit on; aside from umbrellas in case of rain, gazebos and parasols are not allowed.
Toilets: There is one unisex, accessible toilet available near the Orangery, in the Mill. However, upon arrival in the car park you may wish to use the toilets situated by the Visitor Reception, which will be open.
Weather: Please ensure you check the weather forecast and dress appropriately ~ including both hot, sunny weather, and colder, wet weather! Thunderstorms and downpours aside, the performance will take place regardless of weather.
For any further questions about the event, please contact us at email@example.com
Membership at Hestercombe
Join today and enjoy unlimited access to Hestercombe for a whole year
Described as “one of the top twenty gardens to visit in the country”, Hestercombe is always beautiful throughout the year. Join today and enjoy unlimited access, with prices from £48 per year.
Your membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Hestercombe Gardens for a year from date of joining for the Member, guests and children according to membership type
- Half price entry for visitors accompanied by a Member of Hestercombe (one visitor per member)
- Free children's trails available throughout the year
- Special members’ discounts on many of our events throughout the year
- Our 'members first approach' with members receiving 24 hours priority booking for our most popular events, such as Mother's Day, The Bampfylde Lecture, workshops and most importantly, our winter events such as the Christmas Market, Father Christmas and ILLUMINATE.
- Full colour newsletters and ‘What’s On’ emails to keep you up to date with news and events
- Discounts on tickets to selected events at Hestercombe
- Half price entry to our partner attractions: Abbotsbury Subtropical Gardens, Forde Abbey Gardens, The Bishop’s Palace, Wells, The Garden House, Dartington Trust Gardens and Exmoor Zoo.
Give a Gift of Membership to friends and family and they too can enjoy all the benefits of membership.
Upgrade your ticket
Visit Hestercombe and upgrade your ticket to an annual membership for just the difference in cost.
Event LocationHestercombe Gardens