We’re a small but enthusiastic team looking for friendly, motivated people to join us.
On site accommodation available if required
Chef de Partie
We are looking for a Chef de Partie to support the Head Chef and wider kitchen team in the day-to-day running of the kitchens.
On site accommodation is available.
1. Be responsible for the preparation, provision and service of quality food to the standard set by the Hestercombe Gardens Trust.
2. Be responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of your section and the catering facility.
3. Ensure that the highest levels of food and services are consistently achieved.
4. Assist with the ordering of all stock and stock control within your section and ensure this stock is stored safely in accordance with hygiene regulations and in keeping with the Hestercombe Gardens Trust’s policy.
5. Ensure the highest health and safety standards are maintained in areas under your control. Take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work. Carry out risk assessments as required.
6. To comply with the requirements of the Food Safety Act 1990 and associated Regulations to ensure high standards of food hygiene are maintained at all times. Level 2 Food Safety qualification required.
7. Undertake other reasonable duties, which are compatible within the overall scope of this appointment.
Salary and hours:
Up to 35 hours a week. You will be expected to work weekends, bank holidays and evenings.
Competitive rates of pay.
How to apply:
Please contact Head Chef Mathew Taylor for more information and to express your interest in applying.
Email: email@example.com Telephone: 01823413923
We’re looking for someone to supervise the daily running of our catering outlets. You will lead the front of house team to ensure we deliver outstanding customer service. You’ll be involved in our busy schedule of events too – from setting the Bampfylde Hall for a wedding to serving drinks during outdoor theatre, it’s a varied and diverse role in a beautiful setting. Read the full job description here.
Salary and hours:
Full time, annualised contract, 2086 hours per annum.
Postholder must have a flexible approach and will be required to work weekends, Bank Holidays and evenings.
How to apply:
Please contact the Hospitality Manager Joe Morton for more information or for an informal chat about the role.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 01823 414197
Hospitality and Catering Staff
We are currently recruiting full time catering and hospitality staff to work at our award winning venue in the Stables Café, Column Room Restaurant and at our weddings and functions throughout the year.
We are looking for people who have a passion for working within the hospitality and catering industry and who have the following skills:
• Excellent communication skills
• Pride in your work and appearance
• A positive and hardworking attitude
• Ability to work under pressure and use your own initiative
• Driver with access to your own transport
Benefits of working for Hestercombe:
• Competitive rates of pay
• Accrued holiday pay
• Immediate start available
• Flexible hours
• Plenty of work throughout the year
You must be able to provide proof that you are eligible to work in the UK, and be over 18 years of age as the sale of alcohol is involved in the role.
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or call 01823 414197
Norwegian Translator – Voluntary
Are you fluent in spoken and written Norwegian and English? Do you have experience of translating written information from Norwegian to English? If so, you might be just the person we are looking for.
We are seeking someone to translate a Norwegian book relating to the history of E. W. B. Portman’s fishing lodge, purchased 1891, near Øvre Ljøsne, in the Laerdal Municipality of southern Norway.
Hours to suit, including home working if preferred.
Volunteer incentives include discounts and complimentary Hestercombe membership.
How to apply:
Please contact Kimlegate@hestercombe.com for more information.
Book seller – Voluntary
How to apply:
Please contact Linda Sandford Retail Manager for more information on firstname.lastname@example.org
Gift Shop – Voluntary
As a volunteer in the gift shop, you will enjoy interacting with new people as you welcome visitors to the shop. The role will allow you to assist with customer service, stock replenishment, and housekeeping as well as merchandising and taking money at the till. Full training will be given.
If you are flexible, motivated, fun and hardworking then we would love to hear from you.
Hours include: Thur, Fri, Sat & Sun afternoons.
For more information please call 01823 413923 and speak to Linda, the Gift Shop manager.
Bookshop Assistants – Voluntary
From working selling books to visitors to doing the ‘behind the scences’ sorting there’s lots to be done in the bookshop. We have donations arriving every week that need sorting, pricing and cleaning before they can be put out for sale. And once they’re on the shelves there’s serving visitors and chatting to them about the books they like. We ask for a commitment of one morning or afternoon every two weeks. For more information click here or call 01823 413923 and speak to Gill the Volunteer Co-ordinator. Alternatively email email@example.com
Gallery Invigilators – Voluntary
As a volunteer in this role, you will meet and greet visitors to the new Hestercombe House Gallery, helping them to get the most out of their visit. You will have information about each of the artworks in your section and will be working as part of a team. You will be responsible for safeguarding the paintings and guiding visitors through the different rooms of the ‘pop-up’ gallery. For more information click here or call 01823 413923 and speak to Gill the Volunteer Co-ordinator. Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Support – Voluntary
Hestercombe’s busy event schedule is run by a close knit, hardworking team of staff and volunteers. We’re looking for more people to sign up to seasonal events. Whether you’re interested in helping at Easter, or running an activity during the summer holidays or masterminding our seasonal garden trails – please do get in touch! Contact Anna Crew on 01823 413923 or email@example.com
Plus we still need donations for the bookshop!
We are always looking for donations of books to stock the bookshop, any number, any type. If you have books to donate please bring to the shop or call us to arrange delivery for large donations.