Hestercombe is an independent charity, all proceeds from garden admission, the shop, cafe, and events go directly towards the continued maintenance, restoration and development of Hestercombe.
- Adult £12.50*
- Child (5 - 15 years) £6.25*
- Child (under 5 years) FREE
- Family Saver 1 1 adult & up to 3 children) £18.75*
- Family Saver 2 2 adults & up to 3 children) £31.25*
- Wheelchair User HALF PRICE**
- Admission for Tramper user HALF PRICE**
FREE entry to the Stables Cafe, Gardens Shop, Plant Centre and under 7’s play area
Tramper Mobility Scooter £6.00 (per 2 hour slot)
Ring ahead to book: 01823 413923 (payment required to secure booking). Tramper scheme operated by Countryside Mobility, non members of the scheme will be required to join for a fee of £2.50.
**Please read our accessibility guide for further information to help you plan your visit.
Hestercombe is open all year round, except Christmas Day.
Summer: 10am – 6pm, last entry at 5pm
Winter: 10am – 5pm, last entry at 4pm
Hestercombe House: Gallery & Secondhand Book Shop
11am – 5pm (4pm in Winter)
The Column Room Restaurant (Wed – Sun)
12 – 5pm (4pm in Winter)
The Stables Cafe
10am – 5.30pm (5pm in Winter)
Gardens Shop & Plant Centre
10am – 5.30pm (5pm in Winter)
*Includes a voluntary donation of at least 10% to assist with the continuing restoration of Hestercombe. If you donate and are a UK tax payer, it makes our whole payment eligible for Gift Aid (see below). If you do not wish this to be included please let our Ticket Office team know.
If you’ve visited Hestercombe recently, we’d love to hear your thoughts. Please take a minute or two to share your feedback in our quick survey and help guide our future.
If you are a UK taxpayer and you make a Gift Aid donation when you enter of 10% more than the admission price, the government will give the Hestercombe Gardens Trust an extra 25% of the full admission price. If you do not wish to make the donation, then please advise our ticket staff accordingly. Admission prices without a donation are: Adult £11.30; Child £5.65; Family Savers £16.95 and £28.40.
Donate to us just by shopping online
Do you shop online at John Lewis, Amazon, eBay, Argos, Expedia, booking.com, Tesco or Sainsbury’s? By signing up to Give As You Live you can earn us charitable donations at no extra cost to yourself, and help us restore Hestercombe’s estate for the benefit of future generations.
Other things you should know
- Ample FREE parking
- We’re dog friendly: dogs on short leads are welcome in the gardens, shop, plant centre and Stables Café
- Check our What’s On page to see what’s going on at Hestercombe when you visit
Groups and Tours
Groups and tours enquiries are very welcome – please see our Groups information for further details of what we can offer you.
Join today and enjoy unlimited access to Hestercombe for a whole year
Described as “one of the top twenty gardens to visit in the country”, Hestercombe is always beautiful throughout the year. Join today and enjoy unlimited access to Hestercombe, with prices from £37.50 per year (new members paying by direct debit save a further 25%).
Your membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Hestercombe Gardens for a year from date of joining for the Member, guests and children according to membership type
- Half price entry for visitors accompanied by a Member of Hestercombe (one visitor per member)
- Three full colour members’ newsletters per year & regular email bulletins
- Half price entry to our partner attractions: Abbotsbury Subtropical Gardens, Forde Abbey Gardens, The Bishop’s Palace, Wells and Kilver Court.
Give a Gift of Membership to friends and family and they too can enjoy all the benefits of membership.
Upgrade your ticket
Visit Hestercombe and upgrade your ticket to an annual membership for just the difference in cost.
Example: pay £12.50 for adult entry, and upgrade to full adult single membership for an extra £15.63 (if paying by direct debit). The upgrade must be made during the day of your visit.
Prices as of 1 December 2018.