Hestercombe is an independent charity, all proceeds from garden admission, the shop, cafe, and events go directly towards the continued maintenance, restoration and development of Hestercombe.
- Adult £12.50*
- Child (5 - 15 years) £6.25*
- Child (under 5 years) FREE
- Family Saver 1 1 adult & up to 3 children) £18.75*
- Family Saver 2 2 adults & up to 3 children) £31.25*
- Wheelchair User HALF PRICE**
- Admission for Tramper user HALF PRICE**
FREE entry to the Stables Cafe, Gardens Shop, Plant Centre and under 7’s play area
Tramper Mobility Scooter £6.00 (per 2 hour slot)**
Ring ahead to book: 01823 413923 (payment required to secure booking). Tramper scheme operated by Countryside Mobility, non members of the scheme will be required to join for a fee of £2.50.
Hestercombe is open all year round, except Christmas Day.
Summer: 10am – 6pm, last entry at 5pm
Winter: 10am – 5pm, last entry at 4pm
Hestercombe House: Gallery & Secondhand Book Shop
11am – 5pm (4pm in Winter)
The Column Room Restaurant (Wed – Sun)
12 – 5pm (4pm in Winter)
The Stables Cafe
10am – 5.30pm (5pm in Winter)
Gardens Shop & Plant Centre
10am – 5.30pm (5pm in Winter)
*Includes a voluntary donation of at least 10% to assist with the continuing restoration of Hestercombe. If you donate and are a UK tax payer, it makes our whole payment eligible for Gift Aid (see below). If you do not wish this to be included please let our Ticket Office team know.
**On the Guide Map, we have marked routes suitable for pushchairs and wheelchairs. Due to some areas of the gardens having steps and being inaccessible, the admission price for wheelchair is reflective of the access available. See the all ability access route in yellow on our guide map here. To see how much of the gardens you can access on our Tramper Mobility Scooter, click here. Read our accessibility advice here.
If you’ve visited Hestercombe recently, we’d love to hear your thoughts. Please take a minute or two to share your feedback in our quick survey and help guide our future.
If you are a UK taxpayer and you make a Gift Aid donation when you enter of 10% more than the admission price, the government will give the Hestercombe Gardens Trust an extra 25% of the full admission price. If you do not wish to make the donation, then please advise our ticket staff accordingly. Admission prices without a donation are: Adult £11.30; Child £5.65; Family Savers £16.95 and £28.40.
Donate to us just by shopping online
Do you shop online at John Lewis, Amazon, eBay, Argos, Expedia, booking.com, Tesco or Sainsbury’s? By signing up to Give As You Live you can earn us charitable donations at no extra cost to yourself, and help us restore Hestercombe’s estate for the benefit of future generations.
Other things you should know
- Ample FREE parking
- We’re dog friendly: dogs on short leads are welcome in the gardens, shop, plant centre and Stables Café
- Check our What’s On page to see what’s going on at Hestercombe when you visit
Groups and Tours
Groups and tours enquiries are very welcome – please see our Groups information for further details of what we can offer you.
Membership - real value to you and an enormous help to us:
Join today and enjoy unlimited access to Hestercombe for a whole year, with prices from £37.50/year. See our Membership Page for full details.
- Free access to Hestercombe Gardens for a year from date of joining for the Member, guests and children according to membership type
- Half price entry for visitors accompanied by a Member of Hestercombe (one visitor per member)
- Full colour newsletters & ENews bulletins
- Half price entry to our partner attractions Abbotsbury Subtropical Gardens, Forde Abbey Gardens, the Bishop’s Palace, Wells and Kilver Court.
Give a Gift of Membership to friends and family and they too can enjoy all the benefits of membership.